We are delighted to announce the launch of our Executive Health Checks here at Clare Abbey Primary Health Centre. This service is available to anyone interested in an extensive health check. Our assessment involves two visits to our centre. Our health checks are tailored for both men and women and include the following:
A one hour assessment with our nurse who will help you in the completion of your detailed health questionnaire. She will then take a wide range of tests, looking at
- Full blood count – Haemoglobin, white cells, platelets
- Kidney function and electrolytes
- Liver function tests
- Iron/Ferritin Levels
- Uric acid – if deemed at risk from questionnaire
- B12 levels – if deemed at risk from questionnaire
- Cholesterol levels
- Fasting sugar and HbA1c levels to assess for diabetes
- Thyroid function test
- PSA (male check) if deemed appropriate
- Female hormones ( if post-menopausal to confirm same)
- Faecal Occult Blood test- an early bowel cancer screening tool
- Urinalysis – looking for blood and glucose
- Resting ECG – assessing a number of conditions in the heart
- Spirometry – a specific lung test especially useful for smokers but available to all
These tests help us to give you a calculated risk profile on your likelihood of developing a heart attack, stroke or diabetes in the next 10 years.
We screen for early signs of bowel cancer using the simple assessment of your stool.
We assess your risk for developing osteoporosis and whether or not you should have a DEXA scan.
We also have some questions on mental health which can be helpful in identifying common mental health issues from mild to not so mild.
A one hour assessment with your doctor which includes:
- A full physical including examination of your respiratory, cardiovascular, GI and central and peripheral nervous system.
- For women we will assess your gynaecological and obstetric history, perform a physical exam and can perform a smear if appropriate – smears are available to all women free of charge from the age of 25 – 60 in Ireland according to the screening program.
- For men, we will include a detailed assessment for your prostate and discuss the pros and cons of doing a PSA test along with assessing your need to have it performed.
This will then be followed with a detailed discussion of your results and discussion of any recommendations to be made on the basis of these.
Finally, we compile a report including your questionnaire, physical findings, blood result s and recommendations and send two copies to your home.
We look forward to seeing you.
Please contact 065 6840020 for more details or to arrange your Executive Health Check.